XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

COUNT  TJSteel  GROUP  

Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please?

4 posters

Go down

Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? Empty Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please?

Post by VinylicObject5 Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:02 pm

I don't know (m)any of the tracks in this series that well, so far I have set my personal best lap of each track during the race, so, I know that more practice would result in better lap times, however, I'm also just chucking bits onto my car to get the right PI and then driving it without any setup.

It has been suggested to me that I could go faster by playing with my setups but I have to admit I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this. I know what most of the settings do to the car but I don't know what they do to the feel. For example, I know what camber is but I don't really know when to put more camber on or when to take camber off.

I realise that there will be an element of trial and error here but If anyone could give me some tips or rules of thumb and/or link me to a good guide it would be greatly appreciated.

(also if anyone enjoys painting cars and wants to make a livery for me, or is happy with me using one of their old liveries, that would be awesome)

VinylicObject5

Back to top Go down

Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? Empty Re: Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please?

Post by AndyT306 Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:21 pm

send me a friend request on XBL and i'll chuck you over a build/tune as we are nearly identical PI for next week...

after that it's all down to practice, you'll get there don't worry!

in these lower powered cars a lot of time is to be had from running without any driving aids, and using manual gears with clutch - if you need help with that give me a shout
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please? Empty Re: Why am I so slow? - could I get some help with setup please?

Post by VinylicObject5 Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Cool, I will do later on this evening when I get on the xbox. I don't use driving aids at the moment but I don't use the clutch option. I play with a controller rather than a wheel and I find that the clutch is really tricky.

VinylicObject5

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

VinylicObject5 wrote:Cool, I will do later on this evening when I get on the xbox. I don't use driving aids at the moment but I don't use the clutch option. I play with a controller rather than a wheel and I find that the clutch is really tricky.

you need to swop it to the A button, it's easy peasy then Wink
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm

i wil send u my tune over as well chief,,i cleared space on me friends list so hit me up with a friends request and we will get u up to speed.

Also,,u need to use the clutch,,it will transform your gameplay and laptimes once u bond with it.

Greg Smile
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 pm

As seen yesterday, my tunes are very hit or miss... R1 I was thre secs a lap slower than the tune I used in R2.

But I could send you a paint or two.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down