XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

TJSteel  GROUP  COUNT  

TORA VLN - 17th November

+11
maneatingbrick
TomTom ZS
LMR WARSPITE
XBR NicknGem
S2M Cappie
FAF Speeddmon91
WizardOfScoz
Brooksy0907
F4H Devil
HCR Karma
AndyT306
15 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TORA VLN - 17th November - Page 9 Empty Re: TORA VLN - 17th November

Post by HCR Karma Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am

AndyT306 wrote:signed us both in for 8pm, i'll need the livery to add all the tora vinyls

the 6pm is est for the yanks

ah,,did not even twig we would be able to do the same stint,,,

nice one,,we will have time to sort the paints quickly before it kicks off. I like the one with the green best,,subtle but still WAAAYY different,,lol

am gagging for u to try the tune though,, Twisted Evil

G Cool
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 am

Well i've signed in for the 8pm GMT session tonight, hopefully i'll be able to make it. The M3 me and Cappie are using feels pretty great to drive too Very Happy

Can't wait for tomorrow now! Extremely doubt team Allied Forces II (me and Cappie) will win it, or even come close - but it'll be fun trying Twisted Evil
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Greg, if 8PM is tough for you to get to, the 6pm EST US is 11pm your time.

Tom, I have a feeling that we will be battling for positions all race long. Whatever positions we end up with is nowhere near as important as the fun factor in getting to the finish. I set the team up to maximize fun, which is why I built both my Aston and your Bimmer with so much stability.... wrecking the life out of a fast car is not near as fun as flogging a good handling car around The Green Hell for two hours.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Greg, if 8PM is tough for you to get to, the 6pm EST US is 11pm your time.

Thanks for the extra info Mikey, time wise i should make it home time wise for the 8pm GMT one,,but good to know i have a fall back plan incase the proverbial "s**t" hits the fan traffic wise on the trip home from work.

Greg Smile

HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 pm

well my quali was shite, managed to roll it on my 3rd lap after taking a corner a little too enthusiastically and ended up with 82% aero damage at the front, and about 45% at the rear ....... oops Laughing

ah well, only in it for the fun so as long as i don't roll it tomorrow i'll be fine.

or so he says, lol
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Cappie Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm

TomTom ZS wrote:well my quali was shite, managed to roll it on my 3rd lap after taking a corner a little too enthusiastically and ended up with 82% aero damage at the front, and about 45% at the rear ....... oops Laughing

ah well, only in it for the fun so as long as i don't roll it tomorrow i'll be fine.

or so he says, lol

do you remember your best lap time???
S2M Cappie
S2M Cappie

Back to top Go down

Post by ErebusV8 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:02 pm

mine was great, new PB, went from a 8:03.386 to a 8:02.995, JUST broke the 3 minute barrier, lost betweek 0.8 and 1.3 seconds in the last few secotrs and down the back half as well. could get into the solid 2s and maybe even 1s.
only lasted 4 laps, because i knew i couldn't go quicker so i just waited at pit exit and did dounuts around Richy Very Happy

oh, um, the XBL (or whatever their name is) will win it if they're consistint, in the V12 Vantage, one of them today did a 7:52 and he's in SP2, so yea :s

but hey, bring it on!

and Cappie, he got a 28 or something like that if i'm correct
ErebusV8
ErebusV8

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah was a 8:28 or something equally diabolical. But was on for a pretty quick lap time but suffered major aero damage... So I could have pitted as many times as I wanted to but wouldn't have fixed the sodding aero Rolling Eyes

Ah well, tomorrow will still be fun!
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:35 am

morning,

Quite enjoyed the qually last night,,managed all my laps clean, car tune was ace,,,and was going like a train( i beat one of the Porker Cup Cars in my SP2,,so chuffed with that Smile ) , and managed what i felt was a respectable 8:06.

However, the car (AMG) is seriously down on power compared to the other cars in the class. I have posted in TORA regarding this, and been told that the purpose of tonights "race"(and i use this in the loosest sense) is to further highlight these differences and cars will be adjusted after it.

Which kinda leads me to thinking. What is the purpose of taking part in an event with a car you know is not gonna have the poke to keep up with the other cars in its respective class? The only hope the AMG has is that others make a mess of things and crash/come off the track/ make errors in order to give the chance ot close the gap?

I fully understand the bonus for the event staff in having a comprehensive shakedown session to check the builds, but a 4 hour race, with a 45 min qually session, and THEN ascertain if there builds are ok,,,,,,its asking a lot i feel. For my point of view, builds should be more exstensivly tested BEFORE the event by the CO and respective staff involved. I can understand slight varience in the cars only showing their heads once they have been put on the grid and raced, but these gaps seem rather larger than that.

So,,in light of this, and rather that getting myself all worked up about it, can i ask peoples opinions on this. Am i just being a grump (highly likely) or has anyone felt similiar with their car choice. I know the aston for example is a good 20-25 seconds faster than most in its class affraid

Thnaks in advance all.

G Smile
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 am

I know my quali was screwed anyway cause I buggeed my aero, but have lapped the M3 in around 8:10 in practice. So to see the Aston manage a 7:51 or something kinda makes me think what's the point in racing any other car Laughing

It did seem a bit odd when last nights lobby host Richy commented that like you say, the main purpose of today's race is to fully test all the cars to see which ones need adjusting and to see how well they all compete together. I had no idea this wasn't the main event! Don't think 2 hours is really necessary to just test the cars...

So I agree with you matey, however as I don't see myself winning at all either way I am only in this for some great fun racing - so for me this I the official race, not the one in December Very Happy
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Devil Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm not taking part today. My team mate hung his gloves up for a bit an there's no way i'm doing 4 hours of the ring.

Good luck to you all
F4H Devil
F4H Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Looks like neither Andy or Greg raced either scratch I thought TORA events like this were really well attended, but there is only going to be 2 lobbies with about 12-14 people in each for both stints. So much for 2-hour long battles against a load of other people Laughing

Ah well, 'tis a shame cause i doubt i'll be able to make the actual event this 'testing session' is for Rolling Eyes
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am

I wish I had known about this before the race instead of late the next day, as my teammate couldn't connect due to storms in his area... I could have used some backup.

That being said, I am going to skip the Nurb8, as I have come to the conclusion that I find the track incredibly boring after about 4 or 5 laps.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 am

So... where was everyone Saturday? Of all the XPLR entries, just the XBR guys, Cappie and myself showed up.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:20 am

I did too, after i suffered full 100% aero damage after rolling the car (already had about 30% front aero after literally grazing a barrier when i ran a bit wide - which made the car not quite as sharp handling, so yeah - rolled quite spectacularly!).. even after making it to the pits and fixing the 100% engine, gearbox damage etc the car had no aero and drove like sh*t. So agree I also found it pretty boring after a few miles and just pulled to one side to watch some of the cars go past. Rolling Eyes Laughing

If there was a lobby of 16 people, with at least 5 or 6 in each class (or two classes with 8 in each) the idea of an endurance race round the Nurburg would still be awesome, but in the VLN on saturday i was one of 2 SP2 cars.. had a good race with the guy for the first 2 laps, but after running wide and like i mentioned above ended up slowly gaining more and more aero damage it lost its 'excitement'..
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 am

Flyin Mikey J wrote:So... where was everyone Saturday? Of all the XPLR entries, just the XBR guys, Cappie and myself showed up.

I did stint 2... well, most of it Laughing
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 am

Andy was busy,,and truth be told i kinda lost interest in doing 4 hours in a car they knew to be down on power. Very much feel like more testing should have been done by their respective CO`s before the event went on, instead of asking for a 4:45 min session which did not mount up to anything worth more while than a glorified testing session.

Feel quite sold short if am honest. It maybe Monday negative blues coming through,,but not even sure if am gonna bother taking part in the full event now. Spent HOURS getting the car right,,just to find out its WAY slower than most,,,pissed off. Evil or Very Mad
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 am

Can see your frustration Greg mate, maybe for the actual event just whack a turbo conversion on the Merc - then it'd be a bit quicker Wink Laughing

'tis a shame you didn't race, but you didn't miss much - like i said above there were only 2 cars in our class racing so wouldn't have been very exciting even if you did race!
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am

There were three. but my codriver failed to make it.

I didn't see you on the stint 2 results Tom, maybe I just missed your name? All I know is I got bored and evidently lost pace about 3 or 4 laps in... second time that has happened at Nordschleffe. I thought that it may have been due to a B Class Miata, but this time it was a S Class Aston. scratch

Last edited by Flyin Mikey J on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 am

I meant for stint 2 dude, there was only me and one other guy.

Felt sorry for one guy who was racing with us though, he was in SP3 class all on his own - now THAT must have been tedious for the full 2 hours!!
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:57 am

Now you guys are going to love this: after all the work done building SP2 cars, that class has been dropped entirely for the N8. Rolling Eyes
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Now you guys are going to love this: after all the work done building SP2 cars, that class has been dropped entirely for the N8. Rolling Eyes

WHAT!!!,,

total joke event.

HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 am

Gregbie wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:Now you guys are going to love this: after all the work done building SP2 cars, that class has been dropped entirely for the N8. Rolling Eyes

WHAT!!!,,

total joke event.

none of the staff even ran the event saturday lol
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ErebusV8 Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

Flyin Mikey J wrote:There were three. but my codriver failed to make it.

I didn't see you on the stint 2 results Tom, maybe I just missed your name? All I know is I got bored and evidently lost pace about 3 or 4 laps in... second time that has happened at Nordschleffe. I thought that it may have been due to a B Class Miata, but this time it was a S Class Aston. scratch
Yea, sorry about that Mikey, the power did cut out, like they said it could on the news and in doing that, caused my clock to go off and with it shutting of my alarm Sad
huge sorry, was so keen for it
ErebusV8
ErebusV8

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am

bummer on the power chief,,,but by the sounds of it the time was better spent in slumber.

G lol!
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next