XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
what a great race i had last night EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
what a great race i had last night EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
what a great race i had last night EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
what a great race i had last night EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
what a great race i had last night EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
what a great race i had last night EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
what a great race i had last night EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
what a great race i had last night EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
what a great race i had last night EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GROUP  COUNT  TJSteel  

what a great race i had last night

4 posters

Go down

what a great race i had last night Empty what a great race i had last night

Post by rougewilson78 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

Last night my qualifying and time spent was a complete waste as my race was ended due to lag incident on the first lap

I really think the management need to look into restarts if a major incident occurs due to lag at the beginning of the race. Fair enough if it was half way through or near the end the race but it was on the 3rd lap when donkey had some some of lag crash which was nowhere near me and on my screen he was on the right hand side barrier then when approaching the corner his car cartwheeled into me from nowhere ending my night which was obviously no fault of his own Shocked

Come on guys, we all take the time to race in these events. A restart last night would've done no harm at all as there was only one lobby and not to mention the bloody fact I "was" leading the championship at the time ,but when donkey asked about it everyone went quiet although i think i heard mad dog say something about it not being the first lap

To say i am pi$$ed off is a mild understatement Mad Twisted Evil

rougewilson78

Back to top Go down

what a great race i had last night Empty Re: what a great race i had last night

Post by HCR Karma Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 am

I can understand you feeling pissed off after last night, but restarts can only happen on the first lap of a race.

I know its a pisser, but I was lag smashed off last week, and I was leading the series as well then, but I did not ask for a restart as it was not on the first lap.
Can you imagine a race event that allowed a restart 3 laps in just because the leader of the series had had a crash? come on man,,,

Lag is a pain, but its ths same as any incident that can occur in a race event. Your tyre might burst,,u might sneeze or fart the wrong way during an event which causes u to mist ur visor,,these are called incidents for a reason.

So,,i ask you,,,lap three of an event,would it be right to make the whole field restart because of one incident?? did I ask for a restart when I was lag smashed off??? Also, was it fair to go mental on the open mic when other racers were trying to focus on their own event??

Am sorry chief, this might seem harsh but no,,,the event could not and would not be restarted. To do so would be to mock the whole process. I hope you can remove your feelings from this equation and see what am saying. This is not bias or one sided, its the rule for all with no exceptions.

Am happy to talk this over with you over XBL,,but the outcome will be the same.

Greg

HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 am

we can't really start having restarts after the first couple of corners, it isn't really fair and could end up with restarts being called all night

i was involved in a big incident on lap 2 of race 2, which ended my night - but i knew at the at point i just had to carry on

the lag last night was a big issue, i saw donkey's car dive into the track then fly up into the air and off into a barrier - which i think he when glimmer was hit, but on my screen they were no where near each other

unfortunately its just a flaw in the game - sometimes it's fine, sometimes its sketchy, and on the odd occasion something really stupid happens - i had it at le man 24 hour last year when i got lag bombed into a wall and i was 500ft from the car behind - bloody annoying but its just part of the game

the series is running 2 drop rounds, which is to make up for things like this, and missing races due to personal commitments - it's a shame you had a bad night, but it does happen
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rougewilson78 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 am

Went mental over an open mic??

i dont think so mate, i never went mental at all,for sure there was a "for fcuk sake" and "my car is totalled" followed by a "im gonna have to leave" is all i said and i wasnt shouting at all so you are way off with that assumption (unless you had your hearing aid turned up due to your age Very Happy ) and was nothing more than all racers ,yourself included, go through/say when this happens although normally it is a collision with other racers rather than lag

Also, there was not one incident, there was two, donkeys initial lag crash then the following lag crash into myself

I understand the "rules" with regards restarts happening on lap 1 but to ask if other race events allow restarts on lap 3? no, but then I dont know of any allow them on lap 1 either

anyway, just venting a bit steam as was looking forward to some close racing and a restart would've been nice but alas, it was not to be

rougewilson78

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am

I know lap 3 sounds not very far into the race but when the race is only 8 laps long it's nearly halfway through the race. Nobody likes seeing lag smashes like that after all the work we put in the do these races and be competitive but that's jst how forza is some nights!
HaydieT
HaydieT
XPLR STIG

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 am

problem is... someone is always going to be upset... i remember one of the JGTC races, i was near the front of the grid and got away well - restart was called due to pileup

second start i got away well and another restart was called due to a pileup

third start i got a crap start and lost out...

sometimes you have a bad night...
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down