XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
NAT Problems EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
NAT Problems EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
NAT Problems EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
NAT Problems EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
NAT Problems EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
NAT Problems EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
NAT Problems EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
NAT Problems EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
NAT Problems EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

COUNT  TJSteel  GROUP  

NAT Problems

+3
F4H Devil
XBR Deadlast
gd50
7 posters

Go down

NAT Problems Empty NAT Problems

Post by gd50 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Had a really hard time joining the first race due to NAT problems, apparently, it's normal, but I received connection, NAT conflict, issues. I looked it up and it said that the problem was my NAT being on Moderate and not open, after fixing that, I was still unable to join until Gregbie, thanks dude, invited and I was able to join. For anyone else though, it brought the same NAT error. Anyone have any idea of why?
gd50
gd50

Back to top Go down

NAT Problems Empty Re: NAT Problems

Post by XBR Deadlast Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

I am having problems really pissed me off. Could do qual fine but not race. Had same problem lastime we raced on a sunday at 8pm no idea why really anouying dosnt help that i am crap with computers

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

On and the small matter of loosing 30 mins pay from work just to get home in good ish time

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Daft question maybe. But if people who are in lobby have there online status as offline would this effect it. And also would it help having alk peps in lobbys as friends or preferred racers?

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Giving up tryin

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Devil Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm sorry about the connection issues that people quite a few people were having. No one was to blame when it come to these things and I did my best to get everyone in to the lobby for the race. Dubs even backed himself out to see if he was conflicting and then couldn't get back in. It was a poor night for forza. I don't like to leave anyone out, I send the invites out in the order that people signed in. I wrote them down in that order..NOTHING to do with being "my friend or preferred racer". I hate having to say to someone "sorry you cant race", worst feeling ever Evil or Very Mad . If I had a magic wand I'd use it but I haven't so I can't, sorry.

On NAT issues....try going into you hub/router manager on your comp and open ports to xbox live. If that doesn't work, I have no idea Embarassed

Last edited by Lumpi wee on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
F4H Devil
F4H Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by gd50 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah, sorry about all the problems, I checked NAT and fixed it, I'm thinking it might be a problem of location. Idk.
gd50
gd50

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Not your problem bud gutted but these things happen. I and others had problems with the bme m1 series on a sunday so maybe somthing co could keep in mind for future events or asqual was easier to get into run 3 lobbys smaller groups

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Definately a crap situation Drifter, we've all been there and it sucks. Every time I've tried to race with the guys at TORA I had issues except for a couple a times. Luckily I've never had any issues here.

My advice would be just to make sure you reset your modem and router (if you use one) before each event and if you do use a router do a google search on how to open the ports for your model router, it's pretty simple to do.
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce
TAC Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 pm

I check my NATs weekly, and again if there is a conn issue, such as today. They were open, but I reset anyway and still couldn't get into the race. Thanks to Deano, Glimmer and everyone else for your patience.

The only time this seems to happen is on weekends, which is one reason I don't even attempt many Sunday races, as its just not worth the headaches.

My theory is that Sundays are the day when all the American teens and young adults skip church to practice shooting up schools and shopping malls on Call Of Duty. Worthless muddah f-kers.

That being said, since this is a Sunday series, I am out.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by JPKidStig Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

May I suggest going to youtube and searching "open nat setting for [insert your router name here]" or "opening ports on [insert your router name here]". Not sure exactly how it works, but apparently this will make more ports available for online gaming. Even after doing this some of the ports you've opened up may "close up" from time to time, so just make make sure you test your connection on Xbox before logging on for a race. If the test shows a problem them reset your router and this will open ALL the ports again. Once we did this, JP has rarely run into any issues and when he has, a quick router reset has solved the problem.
Hope this helps.
Anthony - JP's dad

JPKidStig

http://www.driventorace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Devil Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 am

Cheers Anthony, I remember you having the same problem when JP first started racing with us. Hope the info you've provided helps all.
F4H Devil
F4H Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:52 am

Anthony, that is part of my weekly connection maintenance. Problem is when trying to join a lobby with someone who hasn't.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by JPKidStig Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:25 am

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Anthony, that is part of my weekly connection maintenance. Problem is when trying to join a lobby with someone who hasn't.

Bingo!

JPKidStig

http://www.driventorace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 am

Can i not just fix it with a hammer

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am

Least you only have NAT problems , I was set for a return to racing after a rest only to find some nice chap had dug through are Internet cable Sad
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger
Senior CO

Back to top Go down

Post by XBR Deadlast Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am

S2M Ranger wrote:Least you only have NAT problems , I was set for a return to racing after a rest only to find some nice chap had dug through are Internet cable Sad

Its the area you live in lol joking bud

XBR Deadlast

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

It seems to have struck me again today for the JGTC. I've been all sorts of race lobbies between Sunday's Clio Cup and today's JGTC round, with nary an issue. I quit trying within 5 minutes today, as I had work to do. But its still frustrating to rush home, pop on the X Box and not get into the lobby.

Here's the protocol used by VM for this issue in their races. Makes too much sense to me, so I thought I'd pass it along, especially now that this is a reoccuring issue here...

CONNECTIONS

Having a good connection will directly dictate how good your racing experience will be and so it is vital that it is the best it possibly can be. Many factors can affect the quality of the connection from bandwidths, signal strength and NAT settings, so please take the time to read this Connection Guide and enhance the experience.

If you cannot connect properly on race day, then it will not be delayed. Conflictions with other racers preventing access to rooms will need to be sorted by those in question, and those 1 or 2 racers will need to sort their problems or they will not be allowed to race. The person with the better qualifying will be allowed to race, as long as he does not conflict with others. If a confliction prevents two or more other drivers from participating, then that driver in question will not be allowed to race. It is strongly recommended to get online 30 minutes before race time to work out any connection problems.

CONFLICTION DURING A RACE MEETING
If there is a confliction within your race room, you must find out who the confliction is with. The Room Host will invite all his drivers to the room, with the driver who cannot get in then proceeding to open a new room. He will then invite a driver from the room and wait for him to gain access, before inviting another driver. The process is repeated until the confliction is found, of which the driver with the better qualifying will be permitted to race, and the excluded driver receiving points based on Connection Confliction points. This process should not take longer than 5 minutes.
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down