XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
Scoring query.. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
Scoring query.. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
Scoring query.. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
Scoring query.. EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
Scoring query.. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
Scoring query.. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
Scoring query.. EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
Scoring query.. EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
Scoring query.. EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

COUNT  GROUP  TJSteel  

Scoring query..

+4
S2M Cappie
HCR Karma
AndyT306
TomTom ZS
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scoring query.. Empty Scoring query..

Post by TomTom ZS Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Just a quick question about the points/scoring system. Looking at the table, some people have some points listed in the 'dropped round' column. What are those points from? Seems odd that some people who have only raced one round are still quite high up in te league table, higher than people who have raced both rounds so far..

I mean I've only managed 222 points total so far over the first 2 races, but that should still put me above people such as Gregbie, AgileAdam etc who have only raced one round?

Just a little confused about how the system works scratch so please educate me! Very Happy

Cheers
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Scoring query.. Empty Re: Scoring query..

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 am

The drop score is calculated as a percentage of your lowest scoring round, as soon as you have missed one round it can be calculated
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:08 am

knowing ur track record tom on free time u will have a choice of drop scores to pick from bruv,,so fear not,,lol

G lol!
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am

So basically - you still get points for missing a race? I thought the drop score system meant you're lowest scoring round wasn't included, so the guys who have only raced one round should surely only have the points shown from the round that they actually scored points in ... And that the dropped score should be taken off at the end of the comp?

scratch
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 am

TomTom ZS wrote:So basically - you still get points for missing a race? I thought the drop score system meant you're lowest scoring round wasn't included, so the guys who have only raced one round should surely only have the points shown from the round that they actually scored points in ... And that the dropped score should be taken off at the end of the comp?

scratch

the simple answer is yes

anyone who has done 1 round so far has a drop score calculated on the score they have got, due to missing a round

if this is 100 points, they get a percentage of this score (for RTT it is 75%) so their drop score is 75

the drop score is changeable throughout the season so basically the drop scores shown now are the highest they will be, if a driver scores less in a following round their drop score will also reduce

this was seen of a better way of rewarding drivers who do turn up every week - without totally removing the drop score

and keeping the championship scores as apparent as possible without big movements at the final round
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

u get a percentage of your owest overall round chief,,that way its take some of the advantage out of the drop score system being abused or used in the wrong way. I will explain all to you on XBL when we have a chat next.

G Very Happy
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

shit,,did not see andy had posted Embarassed
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 am

That cleared it up Andy, cheers matey Smile
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Cappie Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 am

Bloody fell asleep after getting back from college, wife woke me up at 10pm saying "You not racing then?"

All I did was Scoring query.. Facepalm
S2M Cappie
S2M Cappie

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 am

S2M Cappie wrote:Bloody fell asleep after getting back from college, wife woke me up at 10pm saying "You not racing then?"

All I did was Scoring query.. Facepalm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

I'll grab some of this and await further posts:-

Scoring query.. 49105main_popcorn

I'm fully onboard with the aim of this system but I don't feel it will achieve it's aim - in fact it's open to abuse far more than a dropped score system Wink

@Cappie - I hope you slapped her ass as well as your face - women, can't live with them.....can't live without them Laughing

CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:22 am

The one issue I had was that people still got points for missing a round, I understand how it works now but the issue still stands that people shouldn't get points for missing a round.. So the more I think about it - if anything, isn't it less fair on drivers who race every round? Cause like I say there are a few people who have only raced once so far that are above myself (and a good few other racers) who have finished every race..

Hmm, this could be an interesting discussion..

Last edited by TomTom ZS on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by DruggedUpDonkey Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am

I agree with Tom on this. If you race every round you shouldnt be penalised for it, no matter how quick you are.

It makes no sense to me, i mean, i understand the drop score system, i dont understand why its 75% and not 0 points for missing a round.

Who knows, Bernie might adopt this method
DruggedUpDonkey
DruggedUpDonkey
TAC Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am

Not meaning to cause an argument over this by the way, we all appreciate the effort you guys har put into all this - but there will always be criticisms! No matter how hard you try Smile

I thought the old drop score system worked well. For example out of the 7 races in a series, you only took the points from 6 of them. If you missed a round, then you didn't loose points as such cause that 0 scoring round wasn't included in the totals.

But this new system looks like it rewards people who miss a round - by giving them points. I could be mistaken though!
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 am

with the old system, technically you are giving points to those who do race every round by allowing them to forfeit their worst result

the current system gives a reduced benefit and also as it is calculated on your worst result an element of pressure in performing consistently to take full advantage of it

basically ANY system we use is open to abuse, some people are just that sad that they will try and calculate how to use it to their benefit

i have got another idea on how it could be calculated which i think is even fairer, but i still don't think there is a solution which eliminates the opportunity for abuse

the only true way is to operate no drop score which is out of favour still as not everyone can make every race
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Devil Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Everyone knows I absolutely hated the old dropscore. you could miss a round, recieve 0 points, that gets dropped against someone whose lowest score was 190, which then gets dropped, allowing the person who didn't turn up to win the championship. I cant see that happening with this dropscore system.
F4H Devil
F4H Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 pm

The people that are able to attend every race always hate a drop score system Wink

Unfortunately, for a lot of people real-life gets in the way of virtual racing every now and again - look at DK last night for an example.

CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

CQR Jono wrote:The people that are able to attend every race always hate a drop score system Wink

Unfortunately, for a lot of people real-life gets in the way of virtual racing every now and again - look at DK last night for an example.

which is why i think even the current system is too much of a penalty, if you cant finish 1 race you are stuffed, your drop score is worth very little

this is in discussion with the COs at the moment
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 pm

DK's experience last night is a perfect example really:-

Under a standard drop-score system he'd still be in with a chance of a decent championship finish.

With the current system his season is effectively screwed by missing Race 2 last night.......he'd have actually been better off not racing at all.

For some people, if they were in DK's position, there would now be little motivation to race again in the rest of the season.........which is surely something that we all want to avoid happening.

I'm yet to be presented with any compelling evidence that a standard dropped-score system disadvantages anyone!

P.S. - This all depends on Andy explaining the system accurately last night Laughing

Actually, has the system been posted anywhere on the site - would be good to check I'm understanding it properly Wink

CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

we want to find a system which doesn't give anyone an advantage either in terms of scoring too many points for not racing, or with the old system having a throw away race

the system was implemented by Edd and has been carried forward from there

you receive x% of your lowest score as a score boost (drop score)

another site running a drop round have now started giving bonus points for each round you run in
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTom ZS Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Bonus points? So the people who do race every round get a few extra points? That would make it a bit better, I'd I'm fully understanding what you're saying ...

But it could make things more complex too..
TomTom ZS
TomTom ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

I think I've found the 'explanation' of the points system for this comp:-

TEAM RULES

Teams must consist of 2 drivers and must use different cars for this championship. Eg: Driver 1 - GAMERTAG - WRX STi
Driver 2 - GAMERTAG - EVO VIII

Teams must use the same paint scheme. Paint schemes must be as identical as possible

There will be a 75% dropscore

A little feedback for future reference.......maybe it would be a good idea to explain the scoring system a little more thoroughly in future to avoid confusion Very Happy

I can speak from experience when I say that it's difficult to find a points system that is universally agreeable - in fact I'd go as far as to say it's impossible. However, I've always felt it's better to attempt to please the majority rather than a minority - in this case, in my opinion, this system heavily favours those that can attend every event.

CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

the dropscore was added late to this comp, hence the lack of explanation, i had to get it in before the comp started

this scoring system has been running for 2 comps before this one, so i thought the understanding had spread

in my mind i can see what Edd was trying to achieve and i like the principle, however i want to change the basis of the calculation

nothing can be 100% fair, and no one is going to agree 100% - it is impossible

the only fair way is for us all to be available for every race and never suffer an equipment/internet failure

so a compromise must be reached
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Andy - my comments are definitely not a criticism of you, or anyone else involved at XPLR.........I've been there, done it and still suffer with the post traumatic stress albino

You explained your position last night and everyone present appreciated the situation. I stand by my opinion that I aired last night, I feel points systems should be universal for the site and not differing from one series to another. Not only does that situation make more work for Admin staff but it also makes things more confusing for competitors..........implementing universal points systems also removes the argument that series can be tailored to suit individuals.

I appreciate this will be being discussed 'behind the scenes' and I'm sure we'll all agree to disagree when the decisions are made public Laughing

CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:22 pm

CQR Jono wrote:Andy - my comments are definitely not a criticism of you, or anyone else involved at XPLR.........I've been there, done it and still suffer with the post traumatic stress albino

You explained your position last night and everyone present appreciated the situation. I stand by my opinion that I aired last night, I feel points systems should be universal for the site and not differing from one series to another. Not only does that situation make more work for Admin staff but it also makes things more confusing for competitors..........implementing universal points systems also removes the argument that series can be tailored to suit individuals.

I appreciate this will be being discussed 'behind the scenes' and I'm sure we'll all agree to disagree when the decisions are made public Laughing

my proposed changes are in discussion, but if anyone has any ideas we will be happy to consider them
AndyT306
AndyT306
Co Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum