XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Moved to PC racing.
first and last EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm by JVanEssen

» Announcing...
first and last EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm by EZT MAKO 6669

» ..................its been a while!!
first and last EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 am by OutlawedXJ

» Whos up for some racing?!?
first and last EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm by OutlawedXJ

» Its Me Innit
first and last EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm by TJSteel

» VIR whos bought it??
first and last EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am by OutlawedXJ

» Forza 6: schedule question
first and last EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm by t0rm3nt3d 3vil

» D Production Season 1 - Schedule
first and last EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm by HCR Karma

» Hello Fellow Racers
first and last EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm by HCR Bellmond

Counter
hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

COUNT  TJSteel  GROUP  

first and last

+7
FranchittiFan
TopsyKrat
JVanEssen
SaintedPlacebo4
TJSteel
HCR Motorhead
jonnotheone
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

first and last Empty first and last

Post by jonnotheone Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 pm

well that was my first race and last one i wasn't impressed with that at all race one although i was last i was catching the car in front but got shunted up the arse by race leader as i tried to move out the way killed my race 1 race 2 although didn't go any better but no incidents race three got took out by my team mate hit by 4 other cars and forced to pit and if that wasn't enough (btw sorry for hitting you vmr wilson) i got shunted up the arse again not once but twice....so im calling it a day....guys you only have to ook at were i finished my quali time and my pace to know im slow you could of just took your time and pass me ask anyone who has raced with me before im the most polite driver on there ill let you past and give you room but hey dont matter as im not taking part anymore

jonnotheone

Back to top Go down

first and last Empty Re: first and last

Post by HCR Motorhead Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm out too.

So I was informed in a party chat that I wouldn't be able to qualify because of...whatever...in the sign up. But I took it on the chin and planned a strategy to compensate.

It also sucks how I start last but two cars that set illegal lap times get five place grid penalties, smells a bit like VM in that respect, but I knew what I had to do.

Race 1 started really well actually, I got up to third after two laps and chased down the leaders and after giving I think it was Bolland a nudge I gave him the spot back and then went about overtaking cleanly, but I did a bit of a Plato on it in the end!

So, happy days? Well, nope.

We learn that there'll be no lobby promotions or relegations. So that's me screwed. There was talk about crediting points but really...that's no real recompense. The whole point was get into Lobby A, get up lobby A and dispatch as many drag tyre cars as I could and then sit on my drag tyres for the last race. Pff.

Race 2 went well for a bit, I was outlaunched (even if I can be an expert at it, FWD sucks) but fortune and nudges around me got me from pole off the line to fourth going into turn 1 and 1st coming out again. Then, I managed to hit Jonno. This is where it sucks because it should never have happened. I'm sorry jonno but I wasn't in a position to slow right down with a Flying Scotsman right up my krakken. That corner also perhaps wasn't the best place to meet and you taking the inside also wasn't great :(I had nowhere to go.

But with all due respect I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Race 3 then. Wow. So I get collected up in a crash in the first couple of laps and end up bashed up all over, with engine damage. A safety car is called. Really? Then people were overtaking and crashing in the line as I was pitting to repair and then catch up. All that aside...it should have never happened.

So my début here is also my swansong.

Words cannot describe how irately mugged I feel.

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm sorry about bumping you but with you being on the right side of the track all though the previous corner and me having carried more speed through the corner I made the decision to try and pass down the outside. I did ease off coming through the corner and was going to leave the overtake but when you went wide I saw the gap and aimed for it and unfortunately you didn't stay out and it was too late for me to cancel the overtake.

And I'm the same kind of driver. I would never intentionally take anyone out but we all have out bad races. I've had plenty of them.

TJSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Tjsteel....im not saying your a driver that hits people all im saying is it was the first lap and you and everyone else knew im slower than anyone ont the track abit of patience is all it takes...motorhead i honestly moved left as that corner usualy sweeps your car out to the right but hey ho lol no harm....all i wanted was a good race im really slow and if everyone just took abit of patience passing me...iv litraly been racing with guys who can race properly about two months im a learner still....

jonnotheone

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 am

I haven't been racing so long myself. Only about a year properly but that's only in these forum races so I haven't a lot of racing experience myself either. I've only just recently gotten to the stage when I can actually attack positions rather than sit there all race defending.

What I seem to find is that if I wait around for a perfect overtake it either never happens or the guy behind who is also looking to overtake me passes me instead. To my best knowledge you want to get past as quick as possible so that you then have more chance of challenging for more positions. This is racing after all, if your not trying to get past at every gap that opens then your not really racing. In practice yes, I would leave plenty room and wait for a better gap as you should have seen when we practiced together the other night. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I see it.

TJSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:39 am

There was a lot of bumping and running in the lobbies but it wasnt too bad from my perspective. There was a little lag incident that cost me my first race, yet ironically it was my best finish of the day, 6th i believe. As a newcomer here i dont have any real quarrels with the series. Its an awkward track to begin with so ill be happy to give it a few more races before a proper judgment. I enjoyed it though. That being said, i am not too sure how i feel about the fake fwd cars. They dont seem to be balanced very well. And thats comparing my own times in each car, i dont expect to be the fastest in a group, but in testing those other cars I would have had 1st place pace. And to be fair thats faster than i should be  lol! But i do think its best to wait for more than one race/track to go on about how its bad and all that. Thats what my 2cents on the subject is anyways.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by JVanEssen Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 am

Motorhead please get in a PM or chat with me at some point. I want to do what I can to make this right for you. No questions at all you got a raw deal today. The xbox stars were not aligned today at all. Connection issues were rampant and crazy which made trying to do the lobby promotions not really possible today.
Sounds like B lobby had some rough driving so I will spend some time reviewing replays tonight. Race one was bound to have a few growing pains which were exacerbated by xbox live issues.
As far as quitting the series after one race due to a crash or contact seems a bit rash.

Lobby A was great. The drag tire had mixed reviews but overall worked well for mixing up the field and giving all involved a chance to run up front.

The racing was tough but not rough. Only one incident caused by lack of communication.

3 races 3 winners and a great spread of points.

Please anyone who is bummed hit me up and lets try and get it sorted.

JVanEssen

http://www.metaskate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 am

If you need any of the replays for B lobby let me know and I'll send them over. I saved all 3.

TJSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by TopsyKrat Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:51 am

Jon I know one race where I bumped you twice. Apologized in race and backed off so I didn't gain any advantage for it I believe it was the race where I had crazy damage and car wouldn't even track straight. I also would never try and I intentionally take someone out. Why I joined her BC unorganized online racing is a joke

TopsyKrat

Back to top Go down

Post by TopsyKrat Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 am

BTW Jon I was in your position last series. This is my second. Last series I was always in last and making sure I tried to leave room for everyone. I was scared to make any moves on anyone. But like TJ said that's not really racing, you gotta be somewhat aggressive with out over doing it. But this was meant to be an encouraging message to hang in there and maybe give it another try, and if you need help I'm positive most if not all of us are willing to help with tunes, paint, or any aspect for that matter.

Last edited by BMK1586 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopsyKrat

Back to top Go down

Post by JVanEssen Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:29 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:There was a lot of bumping and running in the lobbies but it wasnt too bad from my perspective. There was a little lag incident that cost me my first race, yet ironically it was my best finish of the day, 6th i believe. As a newcomer here i dont have any real quarrels with the series. Its an awkward track to begin with so ill be happy to give it a few more races before a proper judgment. I enjoyed it though. That being said, i am not too sure how i feel about the fake fwd cars. They dont seem to be balanced very well. And thats comparing my own times in each car, i dont expect to be the fastest in a group, but in testing those other cars I would have had 1st place pace. And to be fair thats faster than i should be  lol! But i do think its best to wait for more than one race/track to go on about how its bad and all that. Thats what my 2cents on the subject is anyways.

Thats a good attitude to keep for sure. There might be one or two small tweaks still to be made to a few cars but over all having a 12 car A lobby separated by only 5 tenths says something of the balance. You fought hard with me today and proved to be too much to get passed. (Even with my wake up calls to your bumper) The cars have different strengths as they should I believe.

I was much quicker around the long turn one but you were much better on the brakes and had speed to spare on the straight.

The first three races are all very grip car oriented and so those type cars are going to be tough to beat but come Motegi and Sunset that Ford will be hard to beat.

JVanEssen

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 am

Indeed I hope. I did notice that my car was good on the brakes. It has decent handling, but i'd say its in the middle of all the cars as far as handling goes. I think Motegi will be my cars best chance. Anywhere with hairpins, 90 degree corners, and deep brake zones will be where my car excels. Its safe to say im looking forward to those tracks.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by TopsyKrat Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 am

Reading through this again I also don't agree with the two who had 5 place grid penalties. What's to keep anyone from qualifying with illegal setup if they can manage a qualifying time worth more than 5 grid spots thus negating 5 grid spots? Let's say its moved to 10 spot grid penalty you can still have the same scenario. Therefore grid penalty sounds unfair to anyone abiding by rules.

TopsyKrat

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 am

A illegal build should be a DNQ or DQ if ran in a race.
FranchittiFan
FranchittiFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:05 pm

You dont have to be agtesive driver there are defencive drivers statigic drivers as well im a stragtic drive and my car is set up to that i dont bump people not on purpose im not saying others do but most of all the people racing here are regulars and some are new me being one of them im polite i move when getting lapped and if i know im beat by another car i will let them passed but all three incodents when i was plowed in to coupd of been avoided quite easly all im sayin is if you hit me do the polite thing and say sorry and gift place back if possible....by your rules i coupd launch a enquirery in to all three times i was hit but im not like that im not gunna spoil others racing. i come on to have fun and get better......i will give it one last race and if it ends up the same i shall be pulling out....after all if i put my hand in fire and it burns im not going to put it in again to see if its diffrent lol.

jonnotheone

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 pm

VAMR Wilson wrote:A illegal build should be a DNQ or DQ if ran in a race.
totaly agree an illegal build should be a dq but then i supose half.the grid would be dq lol

jonnotheone

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 pm

jonnotheone wrote:

totaly agree an illegal build should be a dq but then i supose half.the grid would be dq lol

Apart from the documented incidents it looked like everyone else ran to the rules and all the cars were within the limits and stipulations given.

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by JVanEssen Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Jono stick it out and it will get better.  Also don't ever hesitate on an S.I  you obviously feel very hard done by for the whacks up the back so then it is warranted. I watched all the B lobby races last night a few times over and their were a few questionable things but overall it was pretty decent for 10 pretty big cars stuffed on a very small track.   That being said do not ever concede a track position.  Ever!  In a blue flag condition move over early and clearly on a straight with lots of mic communication. Your not here for the hotlaps.  Your here to race.  The flip side to that is no driver is ever expecting you to just roll over for them.  So they are going to be hatching a plan two or three turns back based on you running your normal or even defensive driving line.  Your replays looked good your lines are fine just keep racing and it won't be long until you'll be finding the podiums.

JVanEssen

Back to top Go down

Post by JVanEssen Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:37 pm

HMR Motorhead wrote:
jonnotheone wrote:

Apart from the documented incidents it looked like everyone else ran to the rules and all the cars were within the limits and stipulations given.

This is correct. There unfortunately was not an official ruling in print on illegal builds in qualifying. This will be rectified today with a clear rule. For future incidents You will have your qualifying time revoked and will start at the back of the race. due to the frustrations of xboxlive yesterday we made a rash decision on the grid penalty. Our thought process was correct but ultimately unfair and I apologize. We try hard to make this run as smooth as possible for you guys.

JVanEssen

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:46 pm

JVanEssen wrote:don't ever hesitate on an S.I  you obviously feel very hard done by for the whacks up the back so then it is warranted

I'd agree with this. If you ever feel that a collision has been caused which could easily have been avoided then an S.I should be requested.

JVanEssen wrote:do not ever concede a track position.  Ever!

I must admit not allowing people to pass easily has been my most fun parts of racing on here. One race I'll always remember is holding off I think Devil around the Nurburgring for about 5 laps. He was way faster than me and dissapeared once past but it felt pretty good knowing I made him work for the overtake Smile

TJSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

First off.....I hate connection germlins. But since they are a factor in any online gaming experience I fear as ever all we can do is use what we have. Everybody can blame anybody for these things happening but end of the day little is in our control as gamers.

So,,rather than worry,,i will review me race.

First race,,had a good battle after getting hammered by the 4wd`s off the start,,plus the expected bumpin and grinding that should rightly come with a good touring car race...was making ground up though the pace was fast,  and then was lag smashed by a focus,,lol......shit happens. Pitted the car to repair my damage and rejoined the race...came home 10th of 11. Bugger....lol. First round I went for me drag tyres and have to say,,,i liked the mix of having to use em......made me battle hard.

Second and third races were better affairs. A few barging moments from some drivers,,,a few pushes here and there,,but just as it should be. Never felt too hard done by
any incident if am honest. But bloody good hard pushed racing....

With all the connection issues,,the event ran on a fair bit...it happens. For me I had nowt else on last night so caused me no real issue. Have been part of more events than I care to say so I can relate to how stressful if can be for an event CO when he is trying to ensure all is going to plan. Bravo to Mab, Venom, and Jvanseen for the work they put in.

Reading though some of the previous posts from the other lobby sounds like fun and games. If an incident has occurred however, please feel free to lodge an SI asap...and the incident can be dealt with(its not thought of badly by anyone if u do,,,we have all put them in or had one against us at some point  Smile  ). No sense in getting stressed either way over it....these things will happen in a BTCC event where passions can often overtake common sense.....lol

Anyways,,i wander in thought,,as I often do....I think this is a brill series...very good mix of cars last night all fighting for the win,,,very close pole time as well......am gagging on race 2.....bring on the drama!!!! lol

Greg
HCR Karma
HCR Karma
Co Founder

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Venom Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:29 pm

To clarify it was an illegal diff setting. Not an illegal build.  I know it doesn't make much difference but the 5 place penalty was a rash decision but it put them in the spot they would of qualified anyways with correct Diff setting.  We will be handling this different and apologies do go out for anyone feel that this call was unfair.  Bring on suzuka where the Honda shines.  Can't wait.

XPR Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Official Announcement!!:

Due to what i will even admit was a mess of a night me and the other organizers will be getting our heads together and sorting out the issues once and for all. I will update you with the outcomes from the meeting.

But first things first a quick note:
- Anyone found to be breaking the rules in anyway (excluding driving standards) will be DQ'd from the appropriate session and will be given a until the start of the next session to correct the issue, if they cannot reconnect to the lobby after 3 invites then they will have to miss that session.

Hope you all understand and that you give us another chance to sort the issues out

MAB170294

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:40 pm

I found my VXR to be a little better than I thought it would be, Im looking forward to the next round to see how it goes, its not the quickest in a straight line nor is it that good in the turns but I wasn't lapped in the race I used the soft tire which is good!

Maybe it was cause I ran the car with much less power on the soft tire not to kill them drunken 

FranchittiFan
FranchittiFan

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 pm

At least you got to race guys. I spent a fair amount of time sorting out my focus to get it as competitive as possible & then xbox live decided to take a massive dump on my evening. I'm real disappointed with it but i'll probably be at the next round!
HaydieT
HaydieT
XPLR STIG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum