hit counter
hit counter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Future Changes for XPLR - All Please Read

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think the proposed system is better for scoring?

21% 21% 
[ 4 ]
53% 53% 
[ 10 ]
26% 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

Re: Future Changes for XPLR - All Please Read

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:41 pm

HCR Mad Dog wrote:As soon as you guys implement this, I'm out of here. You way aswell just have randomly assigned grid slots for qualifying as it means absolutely nothing now. People could say that they can't make qualifying and just show up for the race in C lobby, hot lap for the race & get a better position then they deserve. They're not sandbagging because they didn't qualify at all.

May aswell give al the people that have spent ages getting good at this game a power handicap aswell.

You're not looking at this correctly. With the time penalty and lobby jump caps this will never be a problem.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm

HCR Mad Dog wrote:
XPR ChicaiN wrote:Too much is emphasized on qualifying and not the race. We are devising a points system that rewards drivers race performance and not what lobby they qualify in as that is unfair due to the lobby limitations. The current system we are talking about is easily far better than any other scoring system currently being utilized. We just have to iron out the wrinkles which I believe we are very close.

Like I said before...this will be the baseline for future series pionts structure and all drivers will benefit from it.

Apart from the drivers that are good at qualifying. They get nothing from this?

They qualify in their respective lobby and get a 5 to 10 second head start over the lower lobbies which I will remind are already slower just based on qualifying times.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 pm

We've crunched the numbers and it all makes sense and everyone would have gotten the spots the y deserved in the race based on this system. There is no way in hell limiting a driver to the best position in his lobby is fair. It's not and has been proven time and time again. The last place driver in A lobby drifted the last two laps and still got 7th place because of the current broken system. When you implement this system...he drops 4 or five spots because of it. This system is by far better than the current system based on stats and fairness.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

HCR Mad Dog wrote:As soon as you guys implement this, I'm out of here. You way aswell just have randomly assigned grid slots for qualifying as it means absolutely nothing now. People could say that they can't make qualifying and just show up for the race in C lobby, hot lap for the race & get a better position then they deserve. They're not sandbagging because they didn't qualify at all.

May aswell give al the people that have spent ages getting good at this game a power handicap aswell.

Qualifying does exactly what it's suppose to do...put like drivers in the same room for the best racing.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

I don't even know why I'm getting involved to be honest. I can just about run in the series you guys have lined up so it makes no difference to me. Either way, said what I need to say even if my opinions get brushed aside because I'm one of the quick guys you're trying to penalise.

XPLR - XBOX Pro League Racing
If you wish to submit a stewards inquiry please do so by clicking >>here<<
HaydieT
XPLR STIG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm

If a driver in A lobby can't beat the drivers in B lobby with a 5 second lead then they don't deserve A lobby points and the stat sheet proves it. Not only that Mad Dog...look at the stat sheet...you don't move a bit. This system doesn't hamper the faster drivers. Totally opposite in fact. What it does is force people to drive their ass off the entire race and penalizes people who either wreck or drive like crap.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:50 pm

& Cause more crashes like we had at infineon because people are pushing too hard for every little second?

If you wish to submit a stewards inquiry please do so by clicking >>here<<
HaydieT
XPLR STIG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:50 pm

HCR Mad Dog wrote:I don't even know why I'm getting involved to be honest. I can just about run in the series you guys have lined up so it makes no difference to me. Either way, said what I need to say even if my opinions get brushed aside because I'm one of the quick guys you're trying to penalise.

How exactly are you being penalized? You may want to recheck the stat sheet. Your positions don't move. The only people who will get penalizedby this are hot lappers who can't drive in traffic or people who screw around on track or wreck.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 pm

HCR Mad Dog wrote:& Cause more crashes like we had at infineon because people are pushing too hard for every little second?

This simply comes down to driver skill. This would have nothing to do with causing more crashes.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR ChicaiN on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm

There's plenty of time to get through the field without wrecking people. Either way it doesnt make a bit of difference which scoring system we use if that's your concern.
XPR ChicaiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:16 pm

We are not trying to penalise anyone, the current system gives an unfair advantage to a lobby drivers, I think with a handicap sandbagging won't occur, if someone doesn't qualify they won't bear the winner in a lobby from the back of b/c lobby

The system originally detailed at the start of this post is shelved for now, considering opinions and the vote, instead we will look at the timing system and report back once it has been tested

I'm locking this for now as we have enough input

AndyT306
Co Founder

View user profile http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top